Thursday, August 21, 2008

Droolie Trip

Popped over to the quilt shop today to scope out fabrics for dgd's quilt. It was hard to do since I caught dd's cold and should have stayed home. Even so the abundance of fabrics inspired and frustrated me. It's really hard to find "orange" fabrics that aren't Halloween-like or too pastel-bordering-on-peach. I did find some brown batiks with bits of orange streaks that could be workable. Found a couple prints with brown, orange, and aqua. They could be the focus fabric to pull from. But really, nothing popped my post toasties that I thought she'd like. Considering e-mailing focal fabric swatches to her and letting her pick one but then it won't be much of a surprise.

A new idea popped into my head though. Why not do browns and creams. My concern is dgd will grow tired of a brown/orange quilt within a year or two. But with browns/creams she could add an orange or aqua or blue or whatever and it will all still blend. I could keep some fabrics used in the quilt and make a pillow or sham with her current chosen color that will match. Keep just a bit more and she could have something new in a year or two. We'll see.

It's a thought. Have to make a decision soon and get working on it. Need to line up a machine quilter to make sure it can get quilted before Christmas. (Oh, dear Santa, please bring me a quilting machine.)

Found more lines to drool over and want, want, want. Can there ever be enough fabric? I don't think so.

Ugh. This cold is kicking me and I have too much to do!!!

...maybe tomorrow.

No comments: