Friday, December 19, 2008

Contemplation

This post is from the 19th but I forgot to post it. Not a surprise. I'm sticking it in here anyway along with an update.

Well this has been an interesting couple of days. My internet was out, the camera I used to take pics that I was going to post a couple days ago is acting up and they have to be retaken, I went to the quilt store to buy binding but forgot a piece of the border fabric, went to the grocery store and forgot to buy lunch stuff for dh and had to make a second trip back, etc., etc.

haha I'm just going to laugh at it all and chalk it up to trying to get too much done in a short period of time. Bet you know what I mean. What happened to the organized and together person I used to be? The person who had shopping/making done by mid-November; who planned little parties for the kids and trips to see the lights; who decorated right after Thanksgiving? She's in there somewhere and I wish she would come back. Next year maybe...

One thing I did decide was to name my granddaughter's quilt "Contemplation". Why? I contemplated throwing it in the UFO pile. I contemplated throwing it in the trash. I contemplated how happy I was when dgd was born, how much we disagree on things now that she is 20, how much money I'd have if I had a dollar for every stitch I've ripped out of the thing or put into it (which is about equal), if the piece of fabric from her new baby brothers quilt looks right in it, and contemplated whether or not she'll like it. (Which I told her she could not like it and that would be okay. She will get something different in a few months.

On a very bright side, my daughter's quilt is quilted and ready to be picked up. I know she'll like it because she asked me if she could have it but I told her I had sold it. The binding fabric is ready to go. It might make it to the finish line.

Oh, and they had 40% off Christmas fabrics yesterday and I bought fat quarters of Merry and Bright. They were out of the reds so I'm on the hunt for some or all of them.

And, I bought three purses for gifts plus some slippers and gloves as stocking stuffers and it was only $20.41. One purse alone was regularly $68. A deal like that can't be beat! And the purses are cute.

No comments: