Monday, July 4, 2011

A whole year? !!

Yikes! Has it been that long? Sure makes for a cranky human being when you don't allow yourself time to do what you love. Thankfully, I don't have to relearn how to sew but it may take a bit to relearn the blogging ropes.

This has been a busy get-back-into-sewing week and it feels sooooo good!

To kick it off I joined two Flickr groups last week - Doll Quilt Swap and The Farmer's Wife Quilt-A-Long.

The first group is (rather obviously) a group for making small, miniature sized quilts. My gosh but people are talented in the group. I'd been seeing posts for this group for quite a while but could never seem to catch where to go to join so I was thrilled to have finally found them. I only hope I get a place in the next round!

With that in mind I worked up a miniature 9 Patch and Snowballs quilt in just 2 days, July 1st and 2nd. No one was fed and the dishes piled up but did I ever enjoy just sewing. Still needs another border, a very dark brown, I think. The blocks are 1.5" each and were surprisingly easy to make. Just lots of exact cutting, sewing, and trimming. It's from a pattern in an older Miniature Quilts magazine. Isn't it so darn cute!

The Farmer's Wife group is a "support" group to help motivate and inspire you to finish all of the 111 six inch blocks from The Farmer's Wife Sampler Quilt by Laurie Aaron Hird. I think I'll need that motivation (or at least a good kick in the butt now and then). The goal is to complete two blocks per week. I'm late joining so have a bit of catching up to do. Tomorrow I'll share my first blocks and maybe even get another done before I post.

Feels good to be back!

No comments: