Thursday, July 14, 2011

Gadget Girl

Baby Kish wanted to share one of her favorite gadgets - the bobbin donut.

In the old days bobbins came unwound, got tangled up, could never be found (until after you'd wound a new one thanks to Murphy's Law).

Now, ta-dah, the bobbin donut keeps them neat and organized. It has even been dropped and all the bobbins stayed in place. The only bad thing about it; I only have one. Joanns has the Bobbinsaver for around $7.50. Worth every penny.














It's sitting on top of another recent spur-of-the-moment purchase. It's not always a good idea to go into Joann Fabrics armed with a 40% off coupon but this time it paid off. Since I didn't find what I had gone in for that day I decided to not waste the trip and buy this ironing - pressing - organizer thingy by Dritz.

Love it. It's so nice to be able to lay the blocks on the grid and to iron them right there. Helps from getting them out of order. I have my machine sitting on top of it too and it seems to help with keeping the noise and vibrations down a bit when my lead foot steps on the pedal. You can lay out an entire miniature quilt on it. See my July 4th post. It was a sanity saver for keeping it all in order. I know it saved a lot of time.

By the way, on the table is Farmer's Wife, Block 1, Attic Windows in red and aqua. Almost forgot to make it after doing the scrappy version.

No comments: